CENTENARY OF JERZY PIETRKIEWICZ/PETERKIEWICZ
Organisers: Marshal of the Kujawy-Pomorze Region, President of the town of Wloclawek, the Jerzy Peterkiewicz Educational Foundation in London, Émigré Archive and University Museum in Torun, and the Institute of Polish Language and Literature at the Mikolaj Kopernik University of Torun.
Thursday 6th October 2016 in WLOCLAWEK
The Jan Dlugosz Catholic Schools Group in Wloclawek
Ceremony of unveiling a plaque commemorating Jerzy Pietrkiewicz, in the presence of his family and the town authorities
Cultural event: Presentation of JP’s poetry by actors from the Torun theatre.
Friday 7th October 2016 in TORUN
1. Polish-English Academic Konference “Pietrkiewicz i Peterkiewicz” (there will be an English and a Polish speaker on each subject)
- JP – Poet (one paper from Poland, one from England)
- JP – Prose writer
- JP - Translator
- JP – Critic and literary researcher
2. Meeting in the Music Theatre with Students of Jerzy Peterkiewicz
- Promotion of his newly-published books
- Theatrical performance based on works by Jerzy Peterkiewicz
3. Exhibition opening: Jerzy Pietrkiewicz
Saturday 8th October 2016 in SKEPE, LIPNO, FABIANKI
Presentation of the work by Jerzy Peterkiewicz: readings of his poetry and prose by actors from Torun Theatre
Meeting with young people and children
Sunday 9th October 2016 in BYDGOSZCZ
First performance of a work by Andrzej Panufnik at the Bydgoszcz Opera
With a pre-concert talk about the friendship between A.P. and J.P.
Friday 9th December in BYDGOSZCZ
The final celebration will be a concert in Bydgoszcz on Friday December 9th 2016, which will feature works by Andrzej Panufnik and his daughter, Roxanna Panufnik